NODES 2022we announced that our AuraDB Enterprise early access program is now available on Microsoft Azure!
Azure Private Linkand Single-sign on with
Azure Active Directoryfrom launch, AuraDB Enterprise can fully support your Azure cloud initiatives and underpin your multi-cloud strategy.
If you (or anther department within your organisation) are interested in running a Proof of Concept on AuraDBE for any of your Azure cloud use cases, please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager today for more information. Alternatively you can contact our dedicated sales team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Aura Product Team
Hi there! Cool new stuff we added here, right?
Going forward we will publish relevant information, such as changelogs or updates, here on this page. On this same web page, you can also provide us with feedback regarding the Neo4j GraphQL Toolbox.
See you here and stay tuned!
Your Team GraphQL
You'll see a number of small updates land today that make Data Importer easier to use:
- Cleaner rendering of the Graph Model and drag-out relationship creation
- Constraints created by Data Importer to perform loads are now prefixed imp_uniq_so you can easily identify them
- When you only have one file in your files panel, we'll assume that's the one you want to map and automatically select it in the node mapping panel to save you time
- When running in Workspace, Data Importer now gives you the option to Start Exploringin the Explore tab rather than Query after an import completes. Standalone Data Importer continues to provide a link to Query in Browser
- Cypher statements shown in the Load Summary now have syntax highlighting
Keep your feedback coming on feedback.neo4j.com/data-importer.
A quick update,
Ensuring our developers always have access to the latest version of Neo4j is critical for our team so all newly created AuraDB Free instances are Neo4j 5.
We published a post with more details a few days ago, on the improvements 5 brings.
If you have an AuraDB Free instance created before Monday the 24th October, delete it and create another to get a Neo4j 5 version AuraDB Free instance.
Aura Product Management
We are excited to let you know that Neo4j 5 is now available in the Aura platform. When creating a new Aura graph instance, you’ll now be able to take advantage of the new improvements in version 5, which include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Faster K-Hop Queries: a new Cypher runtime operator provides a newer pruning approach, resulting in orders-of-magnitude performance improvement
- Enhanced/New Indexes: Enhanced FULLTEXT and new RANGE and POINT indexes enable more granular and flexible query entry points
- Graph Pattern Matching: Label expressions in MATCH clauses, nodes and relationships can be filtered using more sophisticated boolean expressions
For a full list of features, please see our Knowledge Base article where you'll be able to find more details!
Aura Product Management
We are pleased to announce the release of Neo4j Ops Manager version 1.2!
This version is available to download for Enterprise Edition self-managed customers from the download page.
New and improved in this release are:-
- Ability to view guided walkthrough plans for upgrades and migrations for a selected DBMS
- Ability to specify parameters for upgrade plan (backup directory, new Neo4j home etc.)
- Ability to view and copy code snippets for performing upgrade tasks
- Ability to view relevant documentation for an update step
- Ability to track and save progress in plan
Neo4j 5 compatibility
- This release includes support for the newly released Neo4j 5
- Colours for metrics charts are now chosen from a fixed palette to improve distinguishability
- Information provided for all metrics
- Aliases for databases displayed in Status table view
We hope you enjoy our latest release, and look forward to hearing your feedback.
This release of Data Importer brings support for the DateTime datatype. You can now update your existing model configuration to use the DateTime datatype or if you're creating new properties from file columns, we will attempt to autodetect them for you.
YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss.sssZor one of its variants:
- 2011-10-10T14:48:00.000+09:00(date-time with milliseconds & timezone)
As always, we look forward to hearing feedback, so please head on over to our feedback board and leave us a post with any comments.
Neo4j Workspace is a new unified experience that brings together our most powerful graph tools (Data Importer, Bloom, and Browser) all in one place to help you get up and running with graph databases faster.
Workspace is due to launch later this year, but as an Aura user you can get early access to Workspace now (
please log out of Aura Console first). You can also watch this short video to see how it works.
When you click the above link, you will notice individual app buttons in Console are now replaced with a single Open Workspace button.
Notes on Workspace
- At this time Workspace is intended to be Aura only, but we are actively looking at a wider implementation.
- Not all features of Browser and Bloom are currently available.
- The individual apps remain available.
- A learning experience for new users will accompany Workspace’s launch.
- We would love to hear your feedback on Workspace.
Enabling and disabling Workspace access
To manually enable access, log out of your Aura account and then copy/paste this URL:
To remove access, repeat the above step but change the URL parameter for Workspace to
We have been working hard to improve observability and expand upon Aura's security-focused features so it meets the needs of our Enterprise customers.
We're pleased to introduced the On-Demand Security Logs feature, which enables authorised Enterprise users to request logs using the Aura Console. 🎉
Logs can be requested for the time ranges below, and (as with Query Logs) are available for up to 30 days as per standard data retention policy. Security Logs are served in JSON format and made available in a downloadable zip file.
- 6 hours
- 12 hours
- Custom range / calendar picker - any period up to 12 hours from within the last 30 days
Please see our product documentation pages for more information.
This minor release of Data Importer brings a number of small but useful improvements:
- Datatype detection: For properties created usingSelect from file, we now scan the first few rows of a file to make an educated guess on the datatype
- Node ID selection: We've tweaked the node id selection logic so that we'll now only choose a column endingidas a node id if it's the only such column in a file.
- Problem files:Duplicated or empty column names in your files have the potential to cause unexpected behaviour or load errors. We now make it clear which files are affected allowing you to fix them before continuing.